Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Don't give me that plague

I hate the feeling of a lurking sickness. Living with multiple people has its consequences; when one person gets sick, you're already on your way to having the sickness, too. Yesterday, Joey and I were complaining about how weak we felt (it doesn't help that I had to fight someone and broke my finger). Today, Joey was sick and I was not. Uh-oh. Now, like tonight, I'm all the sudden feeling that bronchitis cough that Joey has.

But it's not just my worrying that is making me think I'll get sick. Joey just threw up. I HATE THROWING UP. Last time someone in the house got sick, I was throwing up less than three days later. ALL NIGHT. Please, please, please don't let me throw up again.

I am a worrier, though. As soon as Joey told me he threw up, I got nauseous and immediately took a vitamin. He says, "If you already have it, you have it. There's nothing you can do." This is not the time for sicknesses to be taking over my control and attacking me from the side where it hurts. I have papers to write.

No comments: