Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I usually take the advice not given

So I was all set to rant about how bus drivers suck and how I waited in the rain, but then I realized that I already did that last post. booooo. I will not leave you empty-handed, however, because I do have a small but noteworthy bus-driver error: today, as usual, the stop ding rang for my stop and I was suprised when a lot of people got up to get off there. Ok, great. And then the bus driver doesn't stop at the bus stop. I think he may have realized that there were a lot of people standing, so he stopped a block later. People grumbled off the bus like "what was he thinking" which is my response EVERY time it happens to me. He very well would have kept going to Kenmore if he didn't realize how many people noticed he skipped the last stop. What an idiot is all I can say.

I have had a lot of work to do as I'm sure everyone else in the freakin' world has had. I am doing very well at managing it compared to past problems. Since i my computer's (or shall I say old computer's) accident, I have been trying hard to take things a step at a time. This mainly means trying to tackle some papers before they're due. No success at all in terms of taking a step at a time in dealing with my anger management.

I'm really good at giving advice about pretty much everything. One thing I know is that I never listen to my own advice or I just can't figure out how to apply it to my own life. What has never happened before happened today: I realized that the advice I was about to give was something I could apply to my own life. What is more important is that I realized that my advice was wrong for me and for anyone else. But it was wrong because I wasn't giving advice; I was narrating to someone what I practice daily and what contributes to my anger problems. One step at a time is the answer. I think I finally gave myself advice (even if it was wrong at fist).

No comments: